Labels

Friday, December 9, 2011

Opening in Philadelphia!



Hi everyone!


We're back in Philadelphia at the Academy of Music starting rehearsals for our performances starting this Saturday, December 10th. This season, Pennsylvania Ballet will perform in 30 shows of The Nutcracker, sometimes three shows a day! You may wonder how the dancers sustain the physical and mental energy to make it through. Well, I asked a handful of company members to contribute what necessary items they use throughout the Nutcracker season to make their performances a little easier:


James Ihde- My sparkly eyelashes from Mother Ginger really keep me going!

James Ihde being strapped into the large Mother Ginger dress backstage in Ottawa
Barette Vance- help and support from husband and a healthy diet
Amir Yogev- cookies and presents... Hint hint!
Tyler Savoie- coffee and thoughts of January 1st.
Zak Hench- I like to see the children's faces when I walk out of the theater when they ask me for autographs as if I am Obama!
Alex Ratcliffe-Lee - coffee, friends, and Jermel Johnson's happiness

Jermel Johnson and Zak Hench providing some entertainment between barre and center for our warm up class
Riolama Lorenzo- lots of liquids, chewing gum and warmers.
Lauren Fadeley- I use Sport's Legs, a lactic acid removing tablet to keep my legs energized!

Lauren Fadeley with her tablets


Daniel Cooper - I always have my iPod with all of my best/favorite music from the year.
Lily Dipiazza- Julie Green, the PA Ballet Physical Therapist, T-sphere ball (pictured below), foam roller, hot baths and flowers from her boyfriend.
Andrew Daly- My foam roller, Sweatbands, Julie Green, and large coffee from Cosi!

Lily Dipiazza, Daniel Cooper and Andrew Daly with their special therapy items


Brooke Moore - ice, jet glue, my back warmer, Advil, and holiday treats on occasion

The company's ice cooler used to treat minor injuries
Laura Bowman- The ladies in my dressing room, as they are supportive and calm individuals. Chocolate before each show is also nice and my calf ball!

Laura Bowman with her calf ball backstage at the Academy of Music
Lara Clemens- overtime money, coconut water, lambswool, family, friends, the opportunity to be on stage all the time (secretly in flowers.. Shh!)
Megan Dickinson- iPod, trail mix, bubble baths with Epsom salt, and my stick roller.
Evelyn Kocak- root beer, Aleeve and string cheese!
Rachel Jambois- jet glue, nuts, flat shoes and chocolate!



Lara Clemens, Rachel Jambois, Evelyn Kocak and Megan Dickinson with their necessary items!
I personally enjoy a small, sweet treat in between divertisments from our dancer box. Stocked with mints, Jolly Ranchers, and Werthers, it's the perfect bite sized sample to put a smile on someone's face.

Candy from the dancer's box


That is all for now. Come back tomorrow for some inside scoop about Mother Ginger and her Polichinelles!


-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment